The job board dedicated to sales and solutions engineers.
Salary in USD$: 74,200 – 101,970
The Field Sales Engineer is responsible for aiding the sales team in pre and post sales customer engagement to integrate Sensata’s technology solutions. Employees in this position assess the customers’ needs, and use their expertise and knowledge of the product to explain the benefits of Sensata’s solution. Furthermore, a Field Sales Engineer facilitates usage of Sensata’s products in the customer’s environment and provides post-sales support as needed.
Experience / Qualifications
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers in the assigned territory/market segment
- Actively works to expand customer and account base to generate new business for the company
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits to provide presentations for existing and prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment
- Key participant in trade shows and conventions
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Provide technical and project support for pre-RFQ/RFQ and advanced development projects to Sensata’s customers.
- Act as the main local technical interface between the customer(s) and the broader Sensata team.
- Work with Engineering, Market Development, and Product Management to ensure the company’s roadmap is well aligned to future market demands, focusing specifically in the near horizon through to local sustaining support.
- Capture technical and project requirements to ensure products are developed according to customer needs.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct workshops and technical demos with customers.
- Translate customer’s product expectations and requirements into effective product demonstrations.
- Prepare, conduct, document, and assess vehicle level testing; Create technical work instructions for internal and customer use.
- Provide the wider Sensata organization with technical intelligence including market benchmarks and technical presentation material.
- Maintain close contact with internal Engineering, Sales and Marketing, and our customers, to ensure teams remain current on all relevant technical/project developments.
- Perform engineering analyses.
- Review product specifications and utilize computer aided engineering applications to apply conditions, replicate performance, and evaluate the manufacturability of products.
- Help develop and refine “standard” product configurations that capitalize on the company’s strengths and products.
- Provide onsite technical assistance to the sales team at industry trade shows and customer demonstrations.
- Negotiate technical specifications.
- Lead design review sessions, both customer and internal, including conducting drawing and specification reviews with customers.
- Lead failure analysis examinations and prepare failure analysis reports of findings.
- Ensure projects meet customer requirements and quality standards.
Base Salary Range:
$74,200.00 – $101,970.00
At Sensata, our employees are the key to our success and growth. We recognize that each individual brings their own unique experience, therefore the base salary range information shown above is a general guideline only. Sensata considers several factors when extending an offer, including, but not limited to, a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. In addition to base salary, Sensata offers competitive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, along with education reimbursement, wellness programs, a 401(k) retirement plan with Company matching, and a variety of paid time off, such as vacation, sick, bereavement, and parental leave. Certain positions are also eligible for short-term incentive and long-term incentive programs.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view
Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our
Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.