The job board dedicated to sales and solutions engineers.
Sales Engineer to join our team. Pre-Sales Engineers collaborate with the sales support or account team by acting as technical experts in customer presentations. They also respond to requests for information or requests for proposals from customers, supplying the technical details of proposed solutions.
The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
The PSE is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
The Pre-Sales engineer is employed as a technical expert with the task of working closely with sales teams to ensure that the products being offered can be tailored to meet the customers’ requirements.
Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Duties of the Pre-Sales Engineer:
- Working closely with the sales team on proposals and pitches for business.
- Attending meetings with business development managers and acting as a technical expert.
- Putting together business cases for the sales teams to support their proposals.
- Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise effective solutions.
- Ensuring that the company’s product can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Working closely with customers to understand and capture requirements.
- Replying to customers following requests for information and proposal requests.
- Presenting proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team.
- Providing ongoing support for customers post implementation.
Background of the Pre-Sales Engineer:
- Previous experience working within a technical Pre-Sales position.
- Must be a subject matter expert with extensive software systems experience.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- Previous experience working for a competitor in a similar position would be a strong advantage.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in vendor sales
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus
- Knowledge of ELD HOS regulations a plus
- Knowledge of M2M/IOT applications/principals
- Knowledge of network protocols a plus
- Experience with Satellite communication/services is strongly preferred.
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.