The job board dedicated to sales and solutions engineers.
Tailwind Voice & Data
Salary in USD$:
TailWind is seeking a Presales Engineer. In this role, the Presales Engineer sells services and products using technical, organizational and client knowledge to aid clients in applying TailWind’s products and services to fit their respective needs. This position assists with revenue generation for the company and assists the VP of Sales Engineering & IT with marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. The Presales Engineer must ensure quotes are consistent and professional, and that focus stays on company products and services by working with Sales and Operations to ensure successful sales of solutions and support. The Presales Engineer is responsible for proactively reaching out to customers and vendors to discover all requirements and conduct cost negotiations critical to a successful engagement.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to read customer floor plans, conduct take-offs, and develop cost estimates. Candidates should have a minimum 1 year of experience estimating and drafting proposals for large scale national ICT deployments and large structured cabling projects. Candidates with field tech experience, project management and estimations would be successful in this role.
TailWind has a wonderful company culture, with defined core values and career advancement opportunities. TailWind is involved in multiple outreach opportunities throughout the year as well.
TailWind has a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to; Medical, Dental, HealthiestYou!, Life Insurance, 401K match, PTO, Birthday PTO, Floating Holidays, and much more.
- Prepare quotes, Statements of work, and other technical and presentation documents, that ensure that the contracts align with company and prospect expectations and TailWind’s ability to deliver.
- Work with Vendor Management on technician performance, quotes and materials.
- Coordinate with internal team to ensure scope of work is clearly defined prior to preparation of quotes.
- Ensure customer needs are met which may include product & scope recommendations and modifications.
- Provide technical support for sales, operations, and technicians.
- Develop and lead presentations on technical concepts relevant to client’s environment, such as solution scope, size, and business case.
- Participate and lead in sales and service training.
- Conduct and document conference calls.
- Assist with establishing cost and list price matrixes to deliver consistent and timely client quotations.
- Assist with responding to client RFQ/RFP/RFIs.
- Develop firm internal relationships to increase communication and productivity.
- Provides expertise and support to sales team & operations to communicate products, services and clients needs.
- Advise management about potential issues on accounts.
- Navigate efficiently within Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio & Teams.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Pre Sales Engineer
- Minimum 1 year of experience estimating and drafting proposals for large scale national ICT deployments, and large structured cabling projects
- BICSI RCDD or BICSI TECH certification is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally with limited notice is preferred
- Experience as an onsite project manager or field technician on structured cabling projects is strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge across a large spread of the IT infrastructure sector
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to draft clear and concise scopes of work
- Excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to work professionally and in collaboration with clients, vendors, co-workers, and management
- Exceptional technical documentation skills
- Planning, organization, and implementation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly, and to articulate a value proposition
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Self-starter and proven ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, manage time, and follow through on assigned tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and PDF editing tools
- Exhibits professionalism, a strong work ethic and commitment to integrity.