The job board dedicated to sales and solutions engineers.
New York Security Solutions Inc.
We are currently expanding our sales division and are looking for highly energetic and motivated individuals to join our team as a Sales Engineer.
New York Security Solutions is seeking a Design & Implementation Engineer located in the Greater NYC area with expert experience in Security Surveillance, Access Control, Cloud Systems, IoT Systems and Networking.
The candidate will work closely with both the sales and engineering team, to help support exponential company growth as well as supporting existing enterprise clients. Responsibilities include design for technology infrastructure and systems including security, communications, IT and building engineering. Involvement with projects will focus primarily on support of the sales team by way of system designs and technology implementation.
The position will directly interface with clients throughout the sales process, effectively communicating the advantages of the specified products, as well as the deployment schedule. The D&I role will also work closely with the project management and engineering teams to provide any technical assistance needed. The ideal candidate must be highly self-motivated and able to work and thrive independently. Furthermore, the ideal candidate must possess the ability to learn quickly and adapt to an ever-evolving workplace within a rapidly growing company.
Technical role and responsibilities (Job Requirements)
- Responsible for architecture/design for technology infrastructure and systems including security, communications, IT, and/or building engineering. Involvement with projects will range from the support of the sales team, project designs and systems implementation
- Be a subject matter expert who will work with many different multidisciplinary groups, both internal and external (i.e., contractors, clients, architects, engineers, and designers)
- Identify, define, and support systems or solutions that meet client requirements, as well as provide clients with technical suggestions for system usage or improvement
- Conduct surveys, assessments, and analysis. Prepare design criteria, bid specifications, cost estimates, and develop design documentation as required
- Document potential system/product technical issues or discrepancies and develop possible solutions
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Create project objectives and goals report for internal use
- Develop processes to help mitigate design vulnerabilities, workflow inefficiencies, and automate repetitive tasks
- Prepare, publish, and revise technical specifications, procedures, forms, and job aides for applications
- Work with PM team to identify and memorialize all responsibilities by either NYSS or others in SOW
- Work with PM team to ensure on-time delivery and meeting of budgetary demands
- Reviews all job costs, schedules, and scopes, for accuracy and completeness
- Host and attend required design meetings, supply agendas, and share all relevant notes
- Stay current on new technologies and trends like changes in equipment, technology, and methodology
- BS in Engineering or BS Arch/BArch (Preferred but not required)
- Professional Engineering License (Preferred but not required)
- Working knowledge of building codes, regulations, and standards ex. IBC, IFC, NFPA, and Unified Facility Criteria (UFC) (Preferred but not required)
- 3+ years experience in technology as a systems or technology engineer (5+ Years preferred)
- 2+ years experience in operational or mission critical environments (3+ Years preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of engineering of security access control and surveillance systems
- Position requires strong communication, organization, technical and mathematical aptitude, along with proficient computer skills
- Detailed technical knowledge of physical security fundamentals and thorough understanding of the latest physical security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Extensive knowledge in the design, operation, and use of computer operations, peripherals, connections, UPS, fiber-optic, network, server, and cloud-based systems
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, such as specifications, schematics, schedules, cost sheets, and other related technical documentation
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and Windows applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Access, etc.) and the use of pivot tables, charts and graphics
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and Revit
- Ability to rapidly understand business objectives and combine them with a deep understanding of project design to create effective solutions
- Must possess certain traits, such as flexibility, assertiveness, approachability, and foresight, while being “business-minded”
- Must be professional; have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical or complex details in a simple and easy to digest manner
- Must have experience interfacing directly with clients and possessing excellent networking skills
- Must have ability to work effectively with co-workers, clients, contractors and individuals with diversified backgrounds, views, and personalities
- Maintain composure and work through any stressful situations
- Self-motivated and self-starter with high energy level and strong time management skills
- Project core values of respect, integrity, and teamwork
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
Salary range between $90,000-$110,000