The job board dedicated to sales and solutions engineers.
Salary in USD$: 86,314 – 123,305
Synergy Business Innovation & Solutions is a premier implementer of cutting-edge software solutions. Synergy brings the experience and expertise necessary to deliver capability that provides tangible ROI to our customers. Synergy’s core areas of expertise are in the fields of Digital Transformation, Cloud Solutions, SaaS and Low-Code/No-Code solutions, Emerging Technologies, Data analytics and Visualization, Information Assurance, and Business Process Re-Engineering.
Synergy offers its employees a generous portfolio of core and voluntary benefits including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA, FSA, 401(k) with immediately vested company match, PTO/Sick Leave, 11 paid federal holidays, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition and training reimbursement, fitness/wellness reimbursement, a referral bonus program, and life management programs.
At Synergy, you’ll be challenged and given the opportunity to grow in your career path. In fact, growth is such a big deal to us that you will have dedicated career coaches available for every employee, company-funded certification opportunities, education reimbursement, and a general open-door policy so that you have support when you need it. Our team is eager to learn, fast-paced, and quality-driven—if that sounds like you, Synergy has a position for you!
This position is designated as work-from-home.
We are seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our team and manage, customize, and configure Jira and Confluence Server for our software or business teams. This role will be responsible for administering Atlassian applications including Jira, Confluence, and writing and maintaining plugins in Groovy.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Create new fields, screens, workflows, and related Jira components
- Modify existing issue types, screens, permissions, and schemes
- Provide maintenance and support to existing projects
- Stay up-to-date on industry best practices and make suggestions for improvement
- Provide training and support to project teams
- Write Groovy scripts to automate procedures and integrate with other development tools
Skills, Qualifications and Certifications of Best Candidates:
- 2+ years of experience administering Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, and add-ons)
- Strong troubleshooting and prioritization skills
- Experience evaluating and implementing technologies to improve efficiency and reliability
- Ownership mentality with attention to detail and effective communication
- Ability to design and build generic, scalable, and reusable solutions
- Collaborative mindset to work with development and operations teams
- Proficiency in managing issue types, workflows, permissions, and other JIRA components
- Ability to build filters, custom dashboards, and reports
- Experience working in an agile development team, preferably with Scrum
- Experience managing task tracking, build, and source management applications for multiple development teams
- Ability to manage applications across different environments (dev, stage, prod)
- Strong understanding of Confluence and its integration with JIRA
- Quick troubleshooting and problem resolution skills for JIRA and Confluence
- Proficiency in JQL and building advanced reports
- skills, knowledge of API's and custom add-on creation using Atlassian SDK's, experience with Linux
- OS, familiarity with add-ons like Portfolio, EazyBI, ScriptRunner, and the Bob Swift suite.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a government or large organization is preferred
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to close out tickets in a timely manner.
Citizenship or Work Authorization Required:
- Ability to obtain and maintain Federal Government Position of Trust
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card with 3 year’s residencies.
Preferred Education & Experience: Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
Compensation for roles at Synergy varies depending on a wide variety of factors including but not limited to the requirements of the role; education and certifications; knowledge, training, skills and abilities; level of experience; geographic location; and alignment with market data, law, and other business and organizational needs. As required by local law, the posted pay range represents the lowest to the highest pay that Synergy believes in good faith it might pay for this particular job, depending on the circumstances. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $86,314 – $123,305.
Essential Job Function Physical Requirements: The physical requirements of this position are critical in evaluating the qualifications and abilities of an applicant or employee. The physical efforts needed to perform the essential duties of this job 90% of the time are repetitive motions, grasping, holding, and finger dexterity of the hands, reading, writing, eye-hand coordination, color distinction, and full visual abilities, hearing, talking, sitting, and use of IT equipment, phones, and office machines.
To a reduced degree, <30% of the time, candidates may have to stand, walk, lift 0-30 pounds, push or pull objects, climb stairs, bend, squat, reach, drive a car, or work overtime.
Synergy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against applicants for employment or its employees on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, sex, medical condition, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, predisposing genetic characteristics, family responsibilities, familial status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence, political affiliation, arrest records and criminal convictions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Discrimination or harassment based upon these protected categories is expressly prohibited.